The real estate opportunities at Sunset Falls are as many and as varied as the views that make our community so special. Topography, elevation, orientation, acreage, creeks, streams, flora, granite outcroppings, proximity to trails and green space… all of these variables have an impact on the individual desirability of each home site in our community and the ultimate buying decision of each of our property owners. Please click here to view a master plan of Sunset Falls to become familiar with the layout of our community. Once you have become familiar with the master plan, read on below for further details and information that may be of interest to you prior to touring the community.
- Phase I includes 51 home sites nestled throughout 150 acres of mountainside topography.
- Home site sizes range from 1-7 acres.
- Elevations range from a low of 3,200 feet to a high of 4,200 feet above sea level.
- Topographical slope ranges from 5-10% to 40-45%.
- Current home site pricing ranges from $69,900 to $219,900.
- Orientations and views are primarily to the west and southwest, to the many peaks and ridgelines in Haywood County that exceed 6,000 feet in elevation.
- Views and home site types are varied and include a) wooded privacy settings, b) creek-side settings, c) long-range, layered mountain views (10-30 miles or so), d) mid-range mountain views (a mile or two), predominately at Crabtree Bald, a 5,300 double peaked summit directly across the valley from Sunset Falls, e) pasture views, f) farmland views and g) 360-degree views.
- Adjacent available home sites may be purchased and combined into one home site, should a purchaser wish to do so.
- Resale home sites are often available. Please inquire as to their availability, should you have an interest in a resale.
- Resale homes may be available. Please click here to view the MLS Listing of any resale home currently available for purchase.
- Our existing custom homes range in size from 2,400 sf to 5,300 sf.
- The real estate tax rate for the county’s 2012 fiscal year was 54.13 cents per $100 of assessed value. So for example, in 2012, a home that was assessed at $500,000 incurred an annual property tax of $3,031.50.
- Dues for the Property Owner’s Association (POA) in 2013 are $58.86 per month, or $706.32 for the year. (Please click here to see a copy of the current 2013 POA budget.)
- There is no time-frame requirement to build a home subsequent to closing the purchase of a home site.
One of our greatest attributes is our custom home, design-build program. We find that the vast majority of our home site buyers view their future residence as their dream home and are very specific about their wants and needs regarding its design. They are initially somewhat fearful of going through the process of having their home designed and built. We pride ourselves on having assembled a group of talented architects and builders who are able to to allay those fears because they:
- are competitively priced
- understand that time is of the essence
- are attuned to the high quality nature of our community
- understand the protective value of our Architectural Design Guidelines and the aesthetic theme that the guidelines have delineated; and above all
- treat our clientele with the utmost respect.
A testament to this is the fact that all of our homeowners are happy to allow their homes to be toured by potential clients, to facilitate their understanding of the process and their appreciation for the quality of the construction.